- The joint £7,2 billion bid by Air Products of America and Air Liquide of France for The BOC Group was unsuccessful and as a result, Afrox remains Afrox.
- A carbon dioxide production plant was opened at Mossel Bay.
- Greg Sedgwick, BOC Group business development director was appointed chairman of Afrox Healthcare Limited.
- Royden Vice resigned from The BOC Group and as Chairman of Afrox and Afrox Healthcare Limited.
- Mike Flemming appointed managing director of Afrox Healthcare Limited.
- Having reached retirement age Jimmy Marriott retires as managing director of Afrox and Rick Hogben is appointed as the new managing director.
- John Walsh, CEO of The BOC Group’s global ISP, is appointed Chairman of Afrox.
- A move into Madagascar and the opening of a branch in Tanzania sees African Oxygen Limited operating in 16 African countries.
- The development of an eHealth business (both business-to-business and business-to-consumer) commenced.
- Afrox celebrates its 75th anniversary
- World bench mark regulators well accepted as Afrox produces over 100,000 a year for export to south-east Asia, Australia, New Zealand and the United States.
- Afrox launches world bench mark Afrox Pac 35, a self-rescuer used by underground miners in cases of emergency.
- Rick Hogben appointed Managing Director, African Oxygen Limited.
- Medical Gases launched as separate business unit.
- Afrox named best governed company in South Africa and placed first for board effectiveness and corporate integrity and ethics.
- United Nations acknowledges community involvement programmes as excellent example of a social development initiative.
- On 17 November, Afrox announces the disposal of its 69 percent holding in Afrox Healthcare handed to a BEE consortium comprising of Brimstone Investments Limited, Mvelaphanda Strategic Investment (Pty) Ltd, other smaller broad-based empowerment groups as well as doctor groupings, and Medi Clinic.
- Afrox launches integrated valve regulator (IVR), which forms part of a portable lightweight oxygen-closing device. The device is primary used by paramedics, hospitality and homecare.
- Afrox was selected by the JSE Securities Exchange as one of 51 companies to make up the prestigious Socially Responsible Investment (SR) index.
- Afrox won the most outstanding technological innovation award for its Afrox Pac, self-contained self-rescue.
- Afrox won the Design Excellence award for its IVR medical value.
- For the fourth consecutive year, Afrox annual report was judged excellent in the Corporate Reporting awards.
- BOC Edwards appoints PGS as its new South African distributor for industrial vacuum products.
- Afrox celebrates its tenth anniversary of its community involvement programme and Bumbanani Day.
- Afrox launched a new Safety business
- Afrox was awarded the State contract for gases, and for the first time, the contract for the State home care medical gas and respiratory business
- Afrox opened new markets for its growing export business
- Afrox opened 11 new Gas and gear retail outlets aimed at smaller collect customers
- Afrox again selected by the JSE as one of the companies to make up the Socially Responsible Investment index
- Afrox a finalist in the Deloitte & Touche Good Governance Awards’ Board Effectiveness and Ethics and Integrity categories
- The Linde Group of Germany took over The BOC Group and as a result Afrox became a subsidiary of Linde
- Afrox acquires the Refrigeration Equipment Corporation (Reco) from Danfoss
- Afrox imports LPG into South Africa for the first time
- New series 8000/8500 regulators, branded Saffire, launched into the market
- Afrox sells its remaining stake in Life Healthcare
- Managing Director Rick Hogben retires and is succeeded by Tjaart Kruger, former executive with Tiger Brands
- Afrox undergoes restructuring to align with The Linde Group operating model
- Financial reporting year-end changes from September to December 31
- Three new air separation units commissioned at SCAW Metals in Wadeville, Xstrata in Lydenburg and Mondi in Richards Bay
- Record R1 billion in total capital expenditure
- Launch of SAP