Data Protection legislation and regulations (including without limitation the South African Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 ("POPIA") and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679 ("GDPR"), and all regulations thereunder) applies to the processing of cookies and require all website operators to inform website visitors about their usage of cookies and similar technologies, e.g. pixels, (hereinafter “cookies”) and to collect the user’s consent to such cookie usage.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are commonly used on websites and are small text files which are sent to your device (computer, laptop, smartphone, tablet) by the website you visit. Cookies are stored on your device's hard drive in your browser’s file directory. Your browser sends these cookies back to the website each time you revisit it so it can recognise your device, remember your preferences, record what you have put in your shopping basket and improve your overall user experience.
Simply put, cookies provide a way for the website to recognize you and keep track of your preferences.
Please note that certain functions of our website may no longer work or work not correctly without cookies.
If you visit our websites for the first time, you will see our Cookie Banner asking you to consent to the use of certain cookies and, when you click on 'Cookies Settings', you will be directed to our Privacy Preference Centre. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
Categories of Cookies
Depending on their function and their intended purpose, cookies can be assigned to the following categories: strictly necessary cookies, performance cookies, functional cookies and targeting cookies.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly necessary cookies are required to navigate our websites and operate basic website functions. Examples of strictly necessary cookies are login cookies (which enable you to login into secure areas of our website), shopping cart or e-billing cookies or cookies to remember your cookie settings. Without these cookies certain basic functionalities cannot be offered. Strictly necessary cookies are always active and will be placed without your consent.
To the extent that information processed in connection with strictly necessary cookies should qualify as personal data, the legal ground for that processing is our legitimate interest to operate the website (Art. 6 (1) lit. (f) GDPR and/or section 11(1)(f) of the POPIA).
Performance Cookies or Analytics Cookies
Performance cookies or analytics cookies collect information on your usage of our websites. They identify a variety of metrics, for example, your internet browser, operating system, duration and number of page visits, errors you experienced. The information collected is aggregated and anonymous. It does not allow personal identification, it only serves the purpose of evaluating and enhancing the user experience of our websites. This helps us to improve the way our websites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
To the extent that information processed in connection with performance cookies should qualify as personal data, the legal basis for that processing is your consent (Art. 6 (1) lit. (a) GDPR and/or section 11(1)(a) of the POPIA).
Functional cookies enable a website to store information and options you have already previously entered (e.g. username, layout settings, contact us form) in order to offer you improved personalised functions and remember your preferences (e.g. your choice of language or region). They are also used to enable requested functions, like Live Chat and playing videos.
To the extent that information processed in connection with functional cookies should qualify as personal data, the legal basis for that processing is your consent (Art. 6 (1) lit. (a) GDPR and/or section 11(1)(a) of the POPIA).
Targeting cookies (cookies used for marketing purposes) record your visit on our websites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. They are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign, and to make the advertising displayed more relevant to your interests. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers e.g. Google.
The legal basis for the processing of personal data in connection with targeting cookies (if any) is your consent (Art. 6 (1) lit. (a) GDPR and/or section 11(1)(a) of the POPIA).
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- As we sell products it's important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- As ongoing development process, we also integrate trusted third-party software’s to deliver better user experience.
Cookies we use on our Website
You may find further detailed information on cookies utilised by us in our Privacy Preference Centre. Here, you can also provide or revoke your consent and/or change your cookie preferences at any time.
Any questions or complaints can be addressed to the African Oxygen Limited Data Privacy Office firstname.lastname@example.org .