- Welding, Cutting and Safety
- Products & Services
- Safety Equipment
- Equipment Maintenance | Afrox Welding
- Welding Equipment Assembly
- Cutting Equipment Assembly
- Closing Down Equipment Safely
- Lighting Up Equipment Safely
- Testing for Leaks in Gas Equipment
- Use of Cylinders & Equipment
- Backfires & Flashbacks
- Welding Safety Precautions
- Arc Welding Safety Precautions
OverviewIn the interest of safety where using gas equipment always ensure that:
- The correct type of equipment has been selected for the job in hand and for the type of gases being used.
- The nozzle type and size are correct for type of work.
- The operating pressures are set in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations.
- The hoses are in good condition and that all joints and valves are free from leaks.
- Manufacturer's lighting-up procedures are strictly followed also for closing down.
The following procedure is followed when equipment is left standing:
- Close cylinder valves.
- Vent system to atmosphere by opening torch valves.
- Release pressure-adjusting screws on regulators.
- Close torch valves.